Three Easy Ways to Revitalize your Kitchen
Springtime brings rebirth and a renewed vitality to life. It’s a great time to throw open your windows and let the light back into your home. If you are itching for a change in your kitchen, there are plenty of easy steps you can take that won’t break the bank. In fact, there are some easy tasks you can tackle this weekend that will make a great difference. Think of it as spring cleaning or a mini-makeover. In as little as a few hours, these easy tasks can help revitalize your kitchen fast!
Start By Cleaning
It really is amazing how the simple act of cleaning can change the look and feel of a space. You might wipe the counters every day, but sometimes your kitchen needs a little more love.
- pull out the stove and clean the sides of it, underneath it, and behind it the workhorse of the kitchen
- give your refrigerator a good once over too, inside and out; clean crispers, the freezer, the drip tray, and coils in back
- give a deep clean to your dishwasher; clean any traps, wipe seals and gaskets, and top up the rinse aid while you are at it
- don’t forget the lights; clean chandeliers, task lights, and pot lights too.
- clean windows make a room brighter too, so add them to your cleaning regime
- wipe down cabinets, baseboards, backsplash, and handles. All those touchspaces that get forgotten about
- finish with a thorough scrubbing of your floor
Take it Further with Paint
Making everything sparkle is a big task, but sometimes you need a little something more. A fresh coat of paint can transform a room and can be done in a weekend. Choose a colour that compliments your cabinets, your counters, or maybe pulls from a tone in your floor. Check out what the colour trends of the year are to update your look and bring your kitchen into this decade. Or find inspiration from your favourite food. Anyone up for a little almond wisp, sage, or rosy peach? Who’s hungry for change?
Get a Handle on Change
Another easy task that won’t break the bank when you are looking to revitalize your kitchen is right at your fingertips. Why not switch out your old tired knobs and handles with some new hardware? If you don’t have the budget for a full remodel, but cleaning and a coat of paint aren’t enough, why not consider updating your kitchen hardware. Think a touch of gold, matte black, or something completely custom that personalizes your space in just the right way.
These simple tasks can go a long way to making your kitchen more appealing. If your kitchen needs more than a deep cleaning, or fresh paint, feel free to reach out to Revival Home Renovations to discuss how we can take your revitalization project over the top.