Make a splash in your kitchen for 2020! Back-splash that is. There is so much to take into consideration when designing your kitchen, a backsplash being just one more design element. An important one at that though.
Why Install a Backsplash?
Kitchens are messy places. There is splatter, spills, and slops galore. The best way to protect your walls from all of that is by installing a backsplash. They not only protect your work surface, but are generally easy to clean. Plus, your backsplash can either pull together other design elements in your kitchen or add that pop where you need it the most. They have come a long way as far as style and design goes though. Keep your kitchen current, by staying on trend for 2020.
Backsplash Trends for 2020
- Go Big, or go home – think bigger tiles, large marble slabs, or even big sections of metal
- Step out of the box – switch up your subway tiles for different shapes, like hexagons, diamonds, or circles
- Mix it up – instead of laying tiles in traditional patterns, choose a herringbone pattern, arrange them vertically, or create a unique pattern all your own
- Colour your world – white will always be classic, but why not dip into blues, yellows, greens, or a pop of pink to add your own personal style
- See a Pattern – why limit yourself to a colour block in your backsplash? Choose tiles with patterns of their own. Just be careful not to make your kitchen too busy. Balance patterns against white cabinets to make them the focal point
- The sky is the limit! – Why stop half way up? Trends are taking tiles all the way to the ceiling this year
If you plan to renovate your kitchen in 2020, contact Revival Home Renovations to discuss kitchen design ideas to help your kitchen make a splash this year. Don’t forget to incorporate a backsplash that adds function, style, and a personality all your own.